Thursday, April 22, 2010

Little Sister

You ever get some day's that seem to roll over really well, even with little effort? (And yes, it's possible!)

Yesterday went better than expected. I got to spend most of the day with my little sister. My mom handed us some cash and we went to the mall to get some supplies like a new pair of shoes (sweet!), and some little trinkets for the little lady who would be with me. Half of the cash went into the new shoes I needed, and the rest went into lunch, my sisters stuff, and a few "little things" that some how added up to $20. Either way, it was great to actually spend some quality time with my sister because it seems like we don't do it much together. She often mentioned that I spend more time with my friends than I do with her, and I'm her only sibling at home now. As much as I didn't want to hear it, she was absolutely right, so it felt really good to spend some one-on-one time with her.

I enjoyed hearing her say, "Thank you" at random moments. It makes a man feel fuzzy on the inside, if that were possible...

The second day was no different. I spent some more time with her at the mall again. This time we didn't do much shopping, and I was thankful for that. I'm at that stage where I'm seriously watching how I spend, which is a good thing I suppose.

We recounted the uselessness of little trinkets in the local Hello Kitty store, considered the recklessness of a man who ran through the walk ways with hands flailing in the air, and observed nature at it's finest with two little puff ball puppies scrapping it out in a play pen. Apparently there was a dispute between them on who would play with the third puppy.

I love those little times where my sister would open up to me with inquisitive questions like, "Teach me more about this stuff...", "Why do some people etc...", I have a friend at school and..." To me, they are the evidence of a young woman growing in the world around her. She's finding her way around, and I plan on helping her do that. I've loved growing closer to her, and I don't plan on stopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment